Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Semi-Interesting EM Fund

edited June 2013 in Fund Discussions
RIMIX - CNI Emerging Markets (I believe it used to be Rochdale EM)

Yes, ER is on the expensive side.

However, rather interesting portfolio (not just the usual generic EM names) and rather remarkable performance in comparison to the EEM emerging markets index ETF.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=RIMIX+Interactive#symbol=rimix;range=2y;compare=eem;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

Has been near the top of the category consistently recently.

Comments

• Hi Scott,

This fund is an Asian EM fund as detailed HERE. Unfortunately, M* misclassified this fund as a diversified EM fund. If I wanted an Asian EM fund, I would probably start with one of the Matthews funds. And if they don't have what I want this month, they will likely have it next month with the addition of more funds.;-)

In the EM equity space, I continue to like and own some THDIX. I reduced my position recently when the EM charts started to head south.

Kevin
  • Reply to @kevindow: Thanks - that's so funny. I saw the diversified EM tag on Morningstar, then looked closer at holdings and should have noticed all of the top holdings are on the Hong Kong market.

"And if they don't have what I want this month, they will likely have it next month with the addition of more funds"

Lol. They did get a fair amount of new funds out right before people scrambled out of anthing EM.