Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Dan Fuss (Loomis Sayles) on CNBC

edited June 2013 in Off-Topic
Interest rate situation is a technical sell-off that has gathered momentum. However, he thinks that it's overdone and are not likely far from a peak level for the next 6 months or so and will head back down. However, longer-term he believes rates are going higher - just that the market has gotten way ahead of itself.

Comments

• I hope you're right, man. It's killing me to watch this and hold on, knowing that when the uptrend resumes, I'll be better off. Next dividend in the offing is MAPOX, est. .40 cents/share. Then SFGIX, too. Then my normal DLFNX and PREMX divs. at month-end.
  • Come to think of it, Fuss sounds very much like Gundlach about interest rates spiking just now, these days...
  • edited June 2013
    Not knowing far more than I know ... learned long time ago it's mighty difficult to predict interest rates. Longer term most of us (and Fuss) probably agree the trend is up. Nearer term they'll be many ups & downs that are sure to excite everybody. I wouldn't rush out and sell a good short or intermediate term fund if that's part of your allocation. A good manager should at least be able keep pace with cash over 2-3 year spans (I think do somewhat better), provided you can stomach a few down years along the way. Not selling DODIX - though expect to lose few % on it this year. Thanks for the Fuss story. One of the good guys out there.
  • edited June 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.