Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Don't worry, be happy.

Wow, it FEELS a lot worse: But since the current swoon, my PREMX is down by -4.68% from the initial price where I first bought-in. That's all. That was in 2010. (at $13.26.)......

To be DOWN -4.68% is not a thing that makes me smile. Three years, and I find myself BELOW the win/loss line. Until I remember that I've been reinvesting EVERYTHING along the way. And $200.00 in divs. every month is nothing to sneeze at--- buying me MORE shares than otherwise, through this Market correction. And then I remind myself that 3 years is just a blip on my long-term investing horizon. Perspective, Max. Perspective....

Comments

• And just for good measure:
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Max,

Think back on the old Timex watch commericals ... It can take a lick and keep on ticking!

With that, my short term bond funds are showing nav stress. But, since the duration is short and if the funds can hold their bonds to maturity then they will return full principal. So if investors keep their head and the funds don't have a cash-out run on them then they should do just fine as the securities they hold should mature at full value with no loss of principal even though the fund's nav has perhaps declined as this is computed based upon the value of the securities held on a day-to-day basis. And, those funds that are holding a good amount of cash can perhaps profit by buying additional securities at now discounted prices and holding them to maturity.

So, sometimes, those with the cooler thinking heads can profit.

Anyway, this is my thinking ... and, I am holding on to my short term fixed income funds along with my multi sector income funds that also hold some equities. The funds that I hold in the income sleeve of my portfolio are as follows: LALDX, THIFX, ITAAX, LBNDX and NEFZX. I am thinking of adding TSIAX or EVBAX in the nearterm after the dust settles and things settle down. The funds that I hold in my hybrid income sleeve are as follows: CAPAX, FKINX, ISFAX, PASAX, PGBAX, AZNAX and NWQAX. I know, one of these is gotta go when I add to the other fund in the income sleeve to keep the total at a dozen funds within my income area. Right now from both a fund count and dollar amount I am overweight hybrid income.

I wish all ... "Good Investing."

Skeeter