Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bretton

http://portfolios.morningstar.com/fund/holdings?t=BRTNX&region=USA&culture=en-us

17 holdings. Yes, that's all. And THREE are RAILROADS. CSX, Norfolk Southern, Union Pacific. (I read David's thing about this fund and was looking under the hood.) BRTNX.

Comments

• how much ultra concentration do we need? 17. Bah!:-)

I already own FAIRX and COBYX. I think I will pass for now
  • edited June 2013
    I've followed BRTNX a bit ... kinda like it, but no place in the portfolio for it unless I really got to be a serious collector. Max, I guess you picked up on the family ties between Bretton and the Parnassus gang ... think I recall you're invested with them now (?).
  • yes, I saw the blood-connection. I'm in neither----YET. I'll be making a decision in about two weeks, after "the eagle lets go."
  • FYI, out of curiosity, I sent Bretton an e-mail asking about progress toward availability from fund supermarkets. Steve D. replied, saying Fidelity is a no because they're not taking any more small independents, but that Vanguard is likely to offer it, no anticipated date yet. Not sure about any others ....
  • Reply to @MaxBialystock: Hi, Max!

As Andy's note implies, it's not terribly difficult to get answers from Stephen. Drop him a note and you'll get an honest reply. We've talked about the railroads stake, for instance, which came down to "I think I understand them well enough to get a good spot on their worth."

David
  • Reply to @David_Snowball: OK, well, then: I guess that explains it. Appreciate the note, David.