Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M* Fund Times 6/13/2013

edited June 2013 in Fund Discussions
http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=599723

Greetings from a Mediterranean beach in Turkey. Sorry for the late post as I am on vacation. It is easy to lose concept of date and time here.

Comments

• Good for you. Enjoy.

On the front of Artio's pending sale to Aberdeen, both fixed income and international strategies have underperformed their respective indeces for prolonged periods, and significant outflow contributes to this sale of this once proud company.
    pionline.com/article/20130304/PRINTSUB/303049976
    Rudolph-Riad and Richard Pell's International fund was one of the foreign fund choice in my 401(K). They were dropped and replaced with Vanguard Total International Index fund.
  • Reply to @Sven: I used to invest in Artio Global High Income fund for a while. They kept the bond fund management under Aberdeen. Hopefully, this transition will be better for them.
  • Reply to @Investor: Many Aberdeen funds except for the institutional share carry front load. Thus they are limiting for retail investors.