Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Morningstar, Day Two: the missing report

Day Two started at 6:30 a.m. and ended about 10:00 p.m. Listened to two sets of formal presentations, interviewed four managers, was interviewed by Jason Zweig of the WSJ, spent a chunk of the evening talking with Andrew and Michelle Foster. I was so tired by the end that I sort of fell over without writing up any of it. Mini-reports will follow.

FYI, David

Comments

• No worries David! Appreciate you making the commitment to be there. Looking forward to your future reports.
  • Bless yer heart, Dr. Snowball. Thanks for all the work. The Fosters, eh? What can you tell us about SFGIX in particular?
  • Reply to @MaxBialystock: Actually we talked about our children a lot, MIchelle's inability to cook (she mostly warms things up) and Andrew's passion for it (it's a major stress management tool thought he, like me, hates to bake) and the fascinating bacon-wrapped mozzarella that we were eating. There was a freakish fire alarm in the midst of it all - "this is not a drill, remain in your places" quoth the Chicago Fire Department.

We did drift in the direction of the state of the fund industry (bizarrely uninterested in the welfare and interests of its shareholders) and China (what passes for a financial system there would be barely recognizable to anyone here), but quickly regained our senses and talked about you folks.

David