Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Another Week, Another Half Percent Decline (BOND)

edited June 2013 in Fund Discussions
BOND has dropped an average of 0.5% every week since May Day. Now negative for year and below 200 SMA for first time since its inception. Fortunately, not much distribution last week, despite the decline. I will keep off-loading bond holdings as decline continues. Updated YTD performance and timing plots below:

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Thanks Charles. While I don't pay a lot of attention to bonds (anymore anyway:-) have noticed the recent decline seems to be taking its toll among some very good conservative hybrid products like TRRIX and RPSIX. Am sure there are many others - but just follow these. While they aren't supposed to track stocks, the gap in underperformance compared to equity funds is now wider than I can recall in many years. I also commented recently on another conservative fund, HSTRX, which is down substantially YTD - probably a poor choice for comparison, as the manager also plays around a bit in gold and utility shares - but thought it interesting nonetheless.

Here's a good link http://news.morningstar.com/fund-category-returns/
    U.S. Large Cap Value +17% YTD
    Conservative Allocation +3.5% YTD