Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Memorial Day

edited May 2013 in Fund Discussions
(I wanted to start a new post as I could not get myself to post in the other thread for various reasons)

I would like to thank all veterans for their service.

We lost lot of young people in the wars, others injured physically or psychologically. The suicide rate is very high among returning veterans. Some become homeless. It is not easy to digest it all even for these professionals. Not only they had to endure this hardship but also their families suffered.

Sometimes they did not quite understand the objectives, sometimes the did not fully agree but they did what we expected them to do. Serve this country they did. They deserve our respect.

It is nice to recognize them and we should but we should do better effort to help them reintegrate to civilian life.

Thank you veterans...

Comments