Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

SunAmerica Focused Dividend Strategy A (FDSAX)

edited May 2013 in Fund Discussions
Does anyone know if this fund (FDSAX) is available at any brokerage as NTF with the load waived? I have checked TD Ameritrade, Schwab and Fidelity. No luck so far.

Comments

• If this fund is not available in retail brokerages you mentioned above, have you considered other no-load large cap value funds? I believe there are many and perhaps better options.
  • edited May 2013
    When I was screening for a large-value fund with good long and short term returns (1, 3 and 5 yrs), this fund showed up at or near the top of the search results. It has reasonable expenses, except of course the front load. Also, the fund seems to consistently occupy the large-value box among Morningstar's boxes (and not drift to the large-blend box).
  • Hello,

I have linked the Morningstar report for those that might be interested in the fund.
    About one third of it is invested in the Dogs of the Dow strategy and the other two thirds is invested in a similar strategy but it picks the remaining twenty positions from the Russell 1000.

http://quotes.morningstar.com/fund/f?t=fdsax&region=USA

It is truly a fine fund and one that own.

Good Investing,
    Skeeter

• AMatMFO, meet detrick. Detrick, meet AMatMFO.

Detrick started a thread where he asked how to select among fund options he has in his HealthEquity HSA. One of those options is FDSAX (SunAmerica Focused Div Strategy). So that could give you a way to get FDSAX without a front end load (assuming this HSA waives the load, and assuming you have an HSA you could transfer there).

• Reply to @msf: Thanks, msf, for the info.
    I'm not eligible to open an HSA. One of the main requirements for HSA is to have a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) which I don't have. So I'm still looking for options to buy FDSAX without the load.