Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Osterweis Strategic Income OSTIX

edited June 2011 in Fund Discussions
I'm wondering if anyone knows why there was a sudden drop in the subject fund? I remember this being one of Bob c"s favored choices.

Comments

• I don't know this fund real well. But:

1. Are you taking into account the income distribution on June 14? (See http://www.osterweis.com/default.asp?P=518012&S=518015)

2. Remember that the median credit quality on the fixed income portfolio in this fund is around B; it's a high yield, short-duration portfolio. So I think the idea is that the income compensates for any weakness in the bonds' valuation.

Just a couple of unsophisticated thoughts. Definitely recommend a review of the extensive materials on this fund on the Osterweis web site.

gfb
  • yep. looks like almost 16 cent distribution.
  • I found nothing in my account, probably because it was premature. Didn't think to check the website. Thanks guys.