Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• Hey there Mr. I: I do believe that this is the first time I have seen the word "masturbatory" used as a modifier for the noun "chart". The man does have a way with words, and there certainly is no doubt where he is coming from. Style does count!

OK, outta here- have a great weekend. Later...
  • edited May 2013
    I think OJ doth protest too much here. (-: But I like the piece. As a non-techie I derive about equal amounts of meaning looking at clouds as at charts. (But the clouds are prettier). I believe there are some things about investing each of us "senses" which are not readily apparent to others - as it should be. So, If you can infer meaning and direction from your charts ... go for it!
  • I think people fooling us with charts are more sophisticated. I doubt anyone got tricked with that example trickery.

Yes, there are still snake oil salesmen. But they are still there, it means they are successful and are really really good at it.