Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ARTVX and HA

Artisan Sm-cap value is a BIG holder of HA, Hawaiian Holdings/Hawaiian Airlines. I like to track HA and noticed a huge jump today. I remember the days, out there visiting, when I stood on Ewa Beach and watched those little snub-nose HA jets come in very low, constantly, one after the other, into the Honolulu Airport from those all-day-long, inter-island routes. Here's the ticker: ARTVX. Let's see if the HA ticker works with the MFO pop-up gadget? OK. I'm done. For now.

Comments

• Double-checking from the other end. Strange. ARTVX does NOT show HA as a major holding, but M* shows that the fund DOES hold a lot of HA shares--- from looking at the HA page at Morningstar.
    One: http://portfolios.morningstar.com/fund/holdings?t=ARTVX&region=USA&culture=en-us

Two: http://quotes.morningstar.com/stock/ha/s?t=HA

BTW, the HA page shows green all over the place, rather than red. A good sign, but I would not buy it now. Wait for a serious dip. Surely the airlines are doing well because of lower oil/gasoline prices lately.
  • 4:18 PM Hawaiian Holdings (HA): Q1 EPS of -$0.29 misses by $0.05. Revenue of $490.7M (+12.7% Y/Y) misses by $9.45M. Shares -3.9% AH. (PR) [Earnings, Breaking News, On the Move] Comment!
  • Share price up 3.97%, but down after hours. I just looked at those same stats, too. I track this airline just for fun. You know the cure for being a billionaire, right? Invest in airlines and you'll end-up a millionaire. I've seen HA drop like a rock during the '08-'09 Crash. It runs hot and cold. Highest I've seen in over $7 per share. No dividends paid through the year, maybe not even in December. Those (like ARTVX) who own this fund must be owning it for the simple chance to buy low and sell high, regardless of the beating the stock is taking. But look at the history and performance and indicators on the M* page. Virtually ALL green. So, I wonder what gives...