Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Pimco Says Private Credit Is Overvalued as Complacency Spreads

edited October 20 in Other Investing
Link

And also (not from PIMCO):
Primer on Alternative Credit

Comments

• According to Barron's, the CLO issuance was up 69% in 2024 YTD compared to a similar period in 2023.
  • One of my grandfather's definitions of the business cycle was the amount of time it took people to forget lessons learned the hard way.
  • Wise man.
  • BaluBalu said:

Wise man.

He was born in 1880. He lived through a number of ups and downs up to, and through, the demonetization of silver in the 1960's.

I only know about his thoughts because he wrote a little pamphlet for his children, and their off-spring. A book named The Market Place, by Alexander Dana Noyes, taught me more about his era.
  • You are a lucky man @Wabac. Many do not get parenting from their parents. You had grand parenting too. My favorite thing to say is, “there are no teachers, there are only students.” You obviously are a good student of life. Luck favors those that work for it.