Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Bloomberg blows hour+ long Trump interview 10/15/24

edited October 15 in Off-Topic
Painful listening. Bloomberg Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait did the interviewing - if you can call it that. Setting was the Chicago Economic Club. Partisan audience. 1-2 hours of Trump rambling on making up fake stories about conversations with business, political, foreign leaders designed to demonstrate his financial prowess. No attempt to fact check. I never fully realized his fantastical imagination and ability to concoct stories as he rambles on. Wish he’d chosen to work on Broadway or TV instead of seeking to lead the country. Nonstop shit. Mike Mckee would have nailed him. Just outrageous Bloomberg!

Example: “Google is so unfair to me. I get twice as many negative stories as positive. Everybody knows that. So I called the head of Google up the other day and told him …”

Who the fuck is ‘the head of Google”? Whom did you speak to? What day? What did they say? Will he (they’re always “he”s) substantiate your account?

No fricken attempt to verify. An hour+ long PR disaster.

Micklethwait = Lightweight.

Added: I’ve known some really good liars in my lifetime. Different styles. But the best one I ever knew (a woman and dear friend) was a very fast talker. Taught me some things! She’d learned to lie as a kid - a survival strategy of sorts. I guess fast talking makes you appear more certain of your “facts”, better versed - or whatever. It also makes it harder for others to interrupt and ask questions or to focus their questions on what was said.

Comments

• edited October 16
    Truth and Reality are just not his concern. And apparently about half the country doesn't care about it all, right along with him. I just can't fart loud enough.