Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited September 18
    Not just near Earth. Humans have left lots of crap on the moon too. Litter. Litter.

Say what you will about SpaceX. But I’ll tell you as perhaps the first in my neighborhood to have broadband, having signed up in advance to be a beta Starlink user, the difference between their service and the 3G cellular I’d been previously limited to was dramatic. For the first time (2020) I was able to stream video - and to multiple devices. It was about 30-40% more expensive than fiber optic which they began installing here a year later and which I now enjoy. But grateful to SpaceX for the early start.
  • ...And SpaceX will be the one to get the astronauts home, too. Boeing is a shambles. How the Mighty have fallen. Like GE, until their own rise and restructuring from the ashes.
  • Crash said:

...And SpaceX will be the one to get the astronauts home, too. Boeing is a shambles. How the Mighty have fallen. Like GE, until their own rise and restructuring from the ashes.

But SpaceX does gamble more than Boeing. Just been lucky to date. Some spectacular non-human launch disasters. An old 2016 article raises questions about their fueling procedures with humans on board.