Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fidelity U.S. Multifactor ETF (FLRG)

This fund has beaten VOO since its 2020 inception and is ahead YTD by more than a point. Any fans/detractors/owners of this fund? Any comments from Fidelity clients or others considering it?

Comments

• edited July 12
    Like a lot of Fido funds I have looked at, it has five of the Mag 7 for the top five stocks, the manager's own choices, and then a lot of steady Eddies like tobacco and soap.

Now that I have had my morning nap, I see it's a rules-based fund.
  • Well that is broadly true of all US Large Cap funds. Management picks and allocations make all the difference. The money is made in the margins.
  • edited July 12
    I see it's an index fund. So ignore my previous comments.

The Fidelity U.S. Multifactor Index℠ is designed to reflect the performance of stocks of large and mid-capitalization U.S. companies with attractive valuations, high quality profiles, positive momentum signals, and lower volatility than the broader market.
    Lots of etf's in that space. Have you looked at funds with similar portfolios, like at this dinky linky? Click on the comps tab

If the fund works for you, I don't think there's anything particular about Fidelity that should give you pause.
  • According to Port Vis --- it did better than VOO in 21 & 22 (not losing as much in 22) but not as good in 23 or so far in 24. ~72% of its holdings are in the top 50 stocks out of a total of 103 holdings. It has a lower SD. It hasn't been around long enough for me to consider it. It's a little safer than VOO but my equity side is all in. If I think I need an equity fund with lower SD I need to look at my overall allocation.