Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Harris surges on betting markets

edited July 3 in Off-Topic
Posted by Politico Wednesday evening (July 3). Bloomberg and other sources are also reporting an sharp increase in betting on Harris as the likely Democratic Presidential candidate.

”The odds began to move in earnest on Tuesday, after a trickle of lawmakers and prominent Democrats began to go public with their reservations about Biden — most notably Rep. Lloyd Doggett (D-Texas), who directly called for Biden to step aside. Today, Rep. Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.) followed Doggett’s lead with a public call for a new nominee. Other top Democrats, without publicly criticizing Biden, have increasingly made comments alluding to the prospect that Biden might not be the Democratic nominee, or opening the door to scenarios in which Biden steps aside.”

“At the time of publication, Polymarket gave Biden a 43 percent chance of being the Democratic nominee for president and Harris a 42 percent chance. Over at PredictIt, which functions largely like a stock market, both of their stocks were trading at 43 cents on the dollar. “

Read Story at Politico

Disclaimer: I do not bet on politics - only on some professional sports.

Comments

• A progressive political blog I frequent is getting torn apart over this debate. I'm not a progressive so I have to bite my tongue while reading some of the comments !
  • I've come across an item asserting that only Michelle Obama, among Dems, can beat the Orange Suck-hole Criminal. Harris won't get my vote. Michelle has a good shot, though. Let's just see if we do get a brokered convention. Surprise! These "events" have been so totally predictable since forever.