Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Scuzzy

All major Indices are up on the day. Except for two energy stocks, my portf. was DOWN. What frikkin' sense does this make? NONE.

Comments

• Maybe buy an index fund or two?
  • Just expressing consternation. Index funds are not for me.
  • @Crash
    Hmmmm.....
    FSPGX (Fido LCG index.) Even being 10% of a portfolio having some individual holdings and other stuff would definitely be worthy of a:)
    M* performance
    Whatever floats one's boat.
  • catch22 said:

@Crash
    Hmmmm.....
    FSPGX (Fido LCG index.) Even being 10% of a portfolio having some individual holdings and other stuff would definitely be worthy of a:)
    M* performance
    Whatever floats one's boat.

Hi, Catch!
    The top holdings in the portfolio FSPGX scare me away, in addition to the transaction fee at Schwab. All the stocks I love to hate. I've hated them for decades. Impossible to find funds which do NOT hold some or all of them. My current holdings do hold those companies already.

When interest rates come down, it will surely aid my regional bank stock, BHB. And time will tell if BCE (Bell Canada) is a value trap. Just now, regulatory requirements have put it on the back foot.

As for positive performance, my ET is carrying the rest of the taxable portfolio on its own back, singly. My cost basis in ET is super-low. I'm loving it! And TS is facing new headwinds. But the world is not going to stop needing high-quality oil drilling pipes anytime soon.
  • Ah, yes; I should have used Schwab. ER of .035% = almost free !
    SWLGX M* performance
    We're only talking 10% of an entire portfolio.