Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

M*: "starting June 26, you may be asked..."

"...to verify your email. This is a one-time step to help secure your account."

Translation: "we need to get our stuff together and lock-out any free-riders that are using our service." Bollocks.

Comments

• Email and phone verifications are common for many websites. M* is just catching up.

It may send a link via email to click on.

Phone verification sends a code to click or input.

This shouldn't affect any M* free services - not many left now.
  • i suggest you make sure there is a text-enabled phone number in the profile.
    it may be a freebie sweep, but more likely administrative and\or technical incompetence gets one locked out.
  • edited June 20
    a2z said:

i suggest you make sure there is a text-enabled phone number in the profile.
    it may be a freebie sweep, but more likely administrative and\or technical incompetence gets one locked out.

Yes, while my stuff was still at TRP, I changed my email and there was an issue. I provided the new one and so the problem went away.
    I'm still babysitting $$$ for a friend at TRP and using that same email. No further issues. I'll see about the phone...Seems to me when we visited together, he wanted me to use my own phone. It's in the profile. I'll look.

(Phone:) ......."This is the information we'll use to contact you about matters related to your subscription and/or account, as well as special offers reserved for Morningstar subscribers."
    I did not use my real phone; did not want to be flooded with "push" notices. I gave them (111) 111-1111.