Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

issues with Brave browser

The specific issue is solely with stinking YouTube. It refuses to play now. Most, but not ALL vids auto-stop after 2 or 3 seconds. Did a browser update cause this? Or does YouTube not like BRAVE again? I dunno. Nobody tells me nuthin'. Gonna uninstall and re-install. Big gigantic piles of doggy poopies.

Comments

• edited June 18
    @Crash. I use Brave most of the time. I ran a test just now and mine pulls-up & plays UTube videos fine. I checked settings and the search engine option is set to “Brave Search.” Dunno. I think I’ve had some issues like the one you report in the past, but today Brave does run UTube. When searching for a UTube video, however, I include “UTube” in the search query.
  • Thanks, @hank. I'm back on Firefox. We'll see if the next update erases my bookmarks, as it has done in the past, more than once. Or I could just not apply the update. Apple's been bugging me for a year or more to take its updates. When I took an update the last time, it crashed my computer. No thanks, Apple. Keep your update.