Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Garp ETF

Hello everyone- hope you are all ok- Id like your thought s on the ETF SPGP- too high to buy now?Is it sustainable? Any thoughts from all you experinced investors would be appreciated, where as Im not one of you- cheers!!!

Comments

• I'll admit I own it in my taxable. And I have had good, and bad, investing experiences.:)

What brought it to your attention?
  • Its a mite different from Vanguard 500- and seems like great returns- would you agree?
  • Id like to pair it with my Vanguard Equity In come
  • The 3 (9.96%), 5 (15.79%), and 10 year (14.5%) performance records of SPGP somewhat speak for themselves. The portfolio certainly seems odd, and certainly out of synch with the "Magnificent 7, but I guess that's the point.
  • I own tech sector funds, so I don't feel the need to have an exact copy of the 500.
  • BTW,
    Prior to June 24, 2019, the fund tracked a Russell pure growth index (perhaps the opposite of GARP in growth context) under a different name and ticker (PXLG).
    Neither M*, nor Lipper, make a distinction on historical returns, as far as I can tell. I tend to think that events since January 2020 have offered a pretty good shakedown cruise.
  • WABAC said:

I'll admit I own it in my taxable. And I have had good, and bad, investing experiences.:)

What brought it to your attention?

Please share what the bad experience was from owning SPGP

• None. So far.

Was just commenting on my investing experiences in general.

I should have started a new paragraph.