Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

WealthTrack Show - Perth Tolle - Freedom 100 Emerging Market Index EFT - FRDM

2»

Comments

• edited May 25
    I've viewed the results of a study which indicated stock markets in more democratic countries
    produced higher long-term returns. Although I didn't delve into the details of this study,
    it seems logical there would be considerable divergence between the least / most democratic nations.
    FRDM has existed for only 5 years but it has trounced EEM during this short time period.
    I believe much of the fund's performance can be attributed to excluding China.
    Link
  • edited May 25
    Smart, convincing. She knows what she's talking about. She's tuned into what capitalism is all about: self-interest and greed. Words we never use. But making money while operating under an autocratic regime is always going to be hobbled by the political realities.
  • edited May 25
    How about an article I saw on Seeking Alpha about Chinese AI being trained on the writings of President Xi?!! Yikes (sorry….seems sequitur to the above topic)
  • edited May 27
    Whoa. Hell, no. I could do without THAT!

EDIT TO ADD: No other reactions? Perth Tolle sounds quite savvy to me. The fund is performing well, though she's not listed as a Manager. She's running the company itself, I suppose?
  • Enclosed please find the breakdown of FRDM (Fidelity): 25% Taiwan (9% Taiwan semiconductor manufacturing), 19% Chile, 18% South Korea, and 14% Poland.
    https://digital.fidelity.com/prgw/digital/research/quote/dashboard/composition?symbol=FRDM

P.S. Warren Buffet sold his entire TSM stake in late 2023 even though he held that in less than several months.