Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Zurich Axioms. Mentioned elsewhere at MFO, very recently.

Comments

• edited December 2023
    @Crash These were mentioned by you & posted by @bee in the Falling knife, are you willing to get cut ! thread.

Not qualified to comment, having read only about a dozen random pages. But to me, they sound like gibblygoop / mind games. If they help some others make better decisions … than that’s good.

Is there’s a Zurich Axioms ETF yet?
  • @hank. Agree. Not impressed and I love axioms. If taken seriously they could encourage bad investor behavior.
  • Check out Morgan Housel. Great axioms !
  • edited December 2023
    Certain books can be therapeutic for some individuals and worthless for others. If repeatedly exposing oneself to those axioms can help someone alleviate an unwarranted fear of risk taking and help them better calculate risks, perhaps they’ll benefit. Some risk is inherent in investing. I’ve listened to much of Housel’s The Psychology of Money on audiobook. Parts of it twice. I know it’s highly acclaimed. I found it pretty basic stuff - albeit inspiring in approach. Not a bad listen at all. Something you might buy for a grandkid starting out in investing.
  • Yeah ,,, Housel makes common sense seem like something more. But he does it so well.