Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Nasdaq 100, reconstruct, effective December 18

This may or may not be of consequence. Info only. Bloomberg Canada, no login required.
Nasdaq 100, effective December 18.

Comments

• Well. ... DoorDash, eh? Even after the pandemic is behind us, people still insist on paying usurious fees to get victuals delivered. Are we just dumb, or lazy?
  • Crash said:

Well. ... DoorDash, eh? Even after the pandemic is behind us, people still insist on paying usurious fees to get victuals delivered. Are we just dumb, or lazy?

Yes.
  • To each his own but yeah, I don't get it.
  • edited December 2023
    Not everyone is rational when it comes to fear. And I believe they project that into many things including grocery and food deliveries. There is no free lunch with the monthly subscription fees to all these services on top of high inflation.
  • People working from home probably order in. The days they go to work, they probably want to get as much as possible done and get out. So, they probably have working lunches and lunch meetings and so order in. People were using DoorDash much before Covid and Covid probably accelerated / expanded the conversion / addressable market. I do not see the trend reversing - this has become an essential service for many.

P.S.: I never used them and do not own the stock
  • "There is no free lunch with the monthly subscription fees to all these services on top of high inflation"

True enough, but when you're in your eighties it's very hard to carry home heavy grocery bags. We still go shopping for meat, fruit and vegetables because it's good to see what you're buying. For other stuff, Instacart does the job well. Yes, expensive, but so is medical care if you damage your old creaking body.
  • Good points. @Old _Joe and @BaluBalu