Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

1962 Ferrari Sells for $51.7 Million

edited November 2023 in Off-Topic
”A 1962 Ferrari 330 LM / 250 GTO by Scaglietti, the coveted Italian coachbuilder, sold for $51.7 million at a RM Sotheby’s auction Nov. 13 in New York City. It was the most expensive Ferrari ever to sell at auction and the most expensive classic car sold publicly anywhere in the world this year.”

https://fortune.com/2023/11/13/ferrari-gto-race-car-1962-auction-record-51-7-million-sothebys/

I’d consider buying it. But afraid what collision coverage would cost. Maybe go with a $5 million deductible?

Comments

• edited November 2023
    The Ferrari 250 GTO is a true classic sports car.
    It must be a blast to drive with a 300 HP V-12 engine and a dry weight of under 2000 lb.
    Unfortunately, it will most likely be a garage queen.
  • Some people have WAY too much money.
  • Some people just have too much pocket change.
  • Anna said:

Some people just have too much pocket change.

Quite correct. More correct than I was.
  • edited November 2023
    + 1 2 3

If I was a cop and this thing was out on the street, I’d be tailgating him everywhere. Just waiting for a chance to pull him over. Red cars especially. AVOID!
  • Darn!!! I was going to bid on that thing but all the cash is tied up in CDs and Treasuries right now. Maybe FD100 got it.