Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Where can I find the rules for this place?

I know we are guests here but without us guests there can be no discussions. It’s not clear to me what closed a thread today and I can’t find any explanation so I am presuming a nameless monitor made a unilateral decision. Is there more to the story?

Comments

• edited October 2023
    Generally, one or more "flags" generated by posters will get the attention of one of a number of moderators. No one is being paid much (if anything) to help keep MFO running, and it takes a pretty serious situation for one of them to actually terminate a posting thread. We've had a few bad actors like @Baseball_Fan and @rsordern over the years, but thankfully they have usually gotten tired of their destructive commentary and presumably looked for more fertile fields in which to plant their garbage.

@Derf probably has the best perspective- to just ignore them. Unfortunately this morning I briefly lowered myself to their level, further aggravating the situation.

These champions of the Nazi-type mob which attacked and damaged our national capitol, causing the death and injury of many who were defending attempting to defend it, are beneath contempt. Their champion is the man who attempted to overthrow the election of our nation's president, and who is now the recipient of 91 criminal counts.

It's just very hard to ignore cretins like these two.

• Thanks for the reply. It seems to me that the house acted to shut down a worthy thread because of two bad actors. The group was punished because of those two magas. The magas, although a minority,,,,, are damaging this excellent place just like the country. And I didn’t see anything so awful in that thread except the garbage annd outright lies from the magas.
  • Perhaps you can consider posting it under “Other investing” since the consequences of political spillover on the financial market is real. US treasury is considered the gold standard and it was downgraded by Standard & Poor during Obama’s administration from AAA to AA. Fitch was the latest until the last minute passage for 45 days until next debate. Truly silly.