Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fidelity has "disappeared" Dodge & Cox funds

A search for Dodge and Cox (or Dodge & Cox) in the search box returns nothing. Fidelity's fund screener has removed Dodge&Cox from the family list.

Vanguard (another $75 TF family) is still in the fund screener and the search box still returns info on Vanguard funds, even funds that Fidelity doesn't carry like VTMSX. But not D&C.

You can still find the pages for D&C funds by substituting the appropriate ticker in the URL below. Fidelity still carries these funds. That's another way to find the fund info - enter a trade to buy a D&C fund, then follow the link that the page provides to that fund. But you have to have a login to do that.

https://digital.fidelity.com/prgw/digital/research/quote/dashboard/summary?symbol=DODLX

Comments

• So, why does it work one way, but not the other? Geniuses in the IT (website) dept? Or deliberately making it hard to find?
  • I believe D&C is changing their funds to institutional shares and they need to be registered with SEC. They are still sold through Fidelity Retail brokerage, but it has not been completed yet.
  • Whew! I thought Fidelity had “disappeared” the first time I read that!

https://www.thesaurus.com/e/grammar/transitive-vs-intransitive-verbs/
  • msf
    edited October 2023
    Sven said:

I believe D&C is changing their funds to institutional shares and they need to be registered with SEC. They are still sold through Fidelity Retail brokerage, but it has not been completed yet.

That's an interesting theory, but the new filings (new prospectuses) were complete as of June 6th. And the tickers weren't changed, only new tickers for class X shares were added.

DODLX summary prospectus including June 6th supplement.

Even if somehow the funds had temporarily "vanished", the fund family D&C didn't. Fidelity's screener shows other families that have no funds. It doesn't show D&C.

For example, here's the screener's search result for American Growth funds - 0 funds, but it still finds the family.

In contrast to the D&C funds that are alive and well, the American Growth Fund - Series 2 (AMREX), aka American Growth Cannabis Fund went, well, up in smoke.

http://www.agfseries2.com/files/Summary Prospectus N1a Sticker.pdf

• We’ve discussed this issue before and Fidelity IT just seems to be FUBAR re D&C funds.
  • Much of Fidelity's website is FUBAR since they started doing a M* like revamp to enhance the user's 'experience".
  • Funny, that...
  • appears fixed now; at least when I put DODBX into the search box everything came up as in the past
  • Both Fido and Schwab show transaction fees of $75 for D&C funds.
  • when I put DODBX into the search box everything came up as in the past

Yes, but. That's all that works.

When you put in a ticker for any non-D&C fund, it autocompletes (if the ticker isn't five chars). In any case, it shows you the full name of the fund. Try typing in VWIN or VWINX. You'll see Vanguard Wellesley Income Fund CL Investor. Now try entering DODB or DODBX. Nothing.

Also, the fund screener still doesn't include D&C as a family you can screen on.

Being able to get to a D&C fund page if you put the whole ticker into the search box as you described is definitely an improvement. Now one can actually read about the fund on Fidelity's website.
  • Fidelity smartphone app is even worse for searching D&C