Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Comments

• edited May 2023
    I'm a bit surprised. I would have bet the other way around if anything at all. I used to own them both but nothing but EPD these day.
  • edited May 2023
    Nice. Doesn’t the stock price of the acquisition target usually jump?

My theory has always been to take the money and run.:)
  • @hank: Yeah. I will probably do what I usually do in such cases and liquidate my position tomorrow morning.

This will leave me with EPD as my only pipeline MLP remaining, which I feel pretty good about holding and/or adding to until the cows come home.
  • edited May 2023
    Good luck.
  • edited May 2023
    Thx. This would be a 22% capgain which I'd bank and it'd just add to my cash pile that I'm trying to invest-down. A good problem to have, admittedly.

Since I only bought into this bunch of MMP last year my tax hit on this should be fairly mild. I feel for the long-time holders who may well get zonked haaaaard on this deal by the tax man next year. :/
  • Sold my MMP for a 20%+ gain between the OKE acquisition this morning and existing profits on the position. Price action thus far suggests folks may not be entirely thrilled with the deal and are perhaps worried that regulators might step in to muck things up a bit since this involves dirty energy-transporting activities.
  • Yes, +1