Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Elon Musk names NBCU ad chief Linda Yaccarino as Twitter CEO

Comments

• How can anyone stand to work for him, regardless of the money?
  • Twitter is buzz with rumors - she is establishment, with high-level WEF connections, etc, while Musk is so anti-establishment. I think she is smart enough to make sure that any spur-of-the-moment actions or firing by Musk will be very costly to Musk. Should be interesting. He has asked all to give Linda a chance. Musk is still the owner and product and technology developer.
  • She may be CEO but you can be damn sure he'll still be calling the shots. I wonder how long she'll last.

As someone on social media said, this may be a 'Glass Cliff' -- namely, hiring an experienced woman executive to fix a failing dumpsterfire situation, and then firing her when she can't.
  • edited May 2023
    Speaking of “failing dumpsterfire

I was going to suggest she’ll make a handy target for scorn & ridicule when a certain political figure fails to get his way. But thought better of it.:) Yet, one wonders how many different ways he’ll intentionally mispronounce her last name …
  • I hope she is enough of a nasty person!
  • Apparently Conspiracy Twitter is having a collective meltdown because of her association w/the World Economic Forum, which they view as the root of all evil in the world ... and now saying Musk isn't holding true to his 'word' about 'free speech.' You can't make this stuff up... these people just need to be constantly outraged over something apparently.
  • @rforno - you said "... these people just need to be constantly outraged over something apparently." It's what makes them feel whole and supreme to all others (and contribute funds to those who they feel will help them get their way). They haven't figured out yet, and likely never will, that all their contributions do zip for them.