Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

DT Guilty

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jury-deliberations-underway-e-jean-160900203.html

A jury has found former President Donald Trump liable for battery and defamation in the E. Jean Carroll case.

Comments

• Sadly, it will not change one voter's opinion.
  • edited May 2023
    I’m not sure “guilty” is the correct term here. As the linked article explains, this is a civil case - and the jury has found him “liable.” Trump won’t have to register as a sex offender in NY State. Yet, I suspect a background check would exclude him from working in a public school around children - even as a janitor. No decent parent would want him near their kids.

I agree with what @MikeM said above. But it might influence the vote of a few who are currently sitting on the fence - especially women. The guys running around in camouflage with their AK 47s in tow won’t be influenced one bit.
  • edited May 2023
    "No parent would want him near their kids."

I'm with Mike- unfortunately, lots of parents would like their kids to grow up to be just like Trump.
  • edited May 2023
    Shaking my head at the stupidity of so many voters. And he's AHEAD in the polls? (Insert favorite Churchill quote here, again.) I have regular conversations with an otherwise smart guy on a weekly basis. We manage to keep it friendly. But when these crimes and impeachments are mentioned, he just dissembles and offers the old "what-about-ism" response. Should we not even pretend that "leaders" ought to at least be in possession of a conscience--- which uncle Donald utterly lacks?

There's no un-drinking the Fixed Noise Kool Aid. He's got himself convinced of a few different narratives about how LBJ became super-rich while in government. Obviously corrupt. And he tells me Joe Biden is even WORSE. THE worst. But aren't 90% of Congress all millionaires, eh? (Why do you think we'll never get the SS tax cap ever lifted? Anyhow, those federally elected officials are in their own segregated savings and pension plan. Very few of them seem to care about the SS-cap.)
  • edited May 2023
    I'm just in utter awe that so many voters can look at the groups who support a candidate and not think they don't consequently show support of those same groups too. How do you say, yeah he is supported by racist, skin heads and Nazi militia groups, but not think they aren't on the same political page as them. Ultimately they share the same leader, so again consequently, the same beliefs. At least that's how it appears to me.