Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Internet Explorer 10

ron
edited March 2013 in Off-Topic
We installed IE10 to replace IE9 about a week ago and have had a couple problems. Mostly unresponsive links that are not opening where they worked fine for years with IE9 and window 7 or XP. sorry I installed it.

Comments

• Morn'in ron,

Yes, Micro-Slush can cause frustrations.....
    Is your system running Windows 7 with this new IE install? And all other MS updates are in place?

Uninstall IE 10

Take care,

Catch
  • Reply to @catch22: Its not IE 10, its MFO !
  • edited March 2013
    Reply to @Ted: Go find some ##**!!#* links! (Point being: If you got problems with MFO, you know where to direct them.)
  • Reply to @hank: ##**!!#*, I didn't realize your IQ was that low.
  • Reply to @Ted: LOL - I believe you'd agree that David, Chip, & Accipiter are where your complaints re: technical issues at MFO need to be directed. Perhaps you'd at least like to redirect your remark to ron (who asked the question) or to one of the above-named individuals?
  • Solved the problem, have to go to tools and click compatibilty view. Then works ok.
  • Reply to @ron: Check & see if there's a compatibility button for Ted while you're at it.
  • edited April 2013
    IE 10 has compatibility issues with sites that test for browser version as opposed to browser capabilities via DOM. My wife had already gone through this with a site that presented sort of an HTML editor for composing articles but not when on IE 10.

Browser version testing from User Agent is now considered a bad practice but there are lots of sites that still do that. It will take a while for these sites to update. So, It is not all Microsoft's fault but they will get blamed by average user for web designer's faults.