Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Weissbier

edited March 2023 in Off-Topic
Anybody ever drink This Stuff?

Grabbed a few 12-ounce bottles from the “singles” section while traveling. Humm … What a surprising flavor for a beer. Not what I expected. Fruity. Interesting effect in a glass as it looks cloudy from whatever particulate matter resides therein. Not all that pleasing to the taste. I guess if you drank enough you wouldn’t notice / 5% ABV. The linked article says they first began brewing it 6,000 years ago. You’d think it would taste better by now.

Comments

• "... they first began brewing it 6,000 years ago. You’d think it would taste better by now."

Hey, give it a chance...maybe just needs a bit more aging?
  • I love my beer, especially stouts, porters, brown ales and scotch ales, but I'm not a fan of Bavarian style wheat beers. Cloudy is their trademark. It's an acquired taste that I've never, well, acquired over 55 years of drinking beer.
  • @hank : Was the beer in a cooler ? While stationed in Germany it was brought to my "attention" that most Germans drank their beer at room temperature or close to it.
    I would agree that from my few trips into town that it was tasty !! Beer made in the USA doesn't pass that test according to my taste tester.
  • edited March 2023
    Thanks guys. It was stored cold where bought and I kept it on ice. The 2nd one was easier to take than the first. Maybe you need to “grow into” this stuff. I would never drink beer warm. The Germans do a lot of crazy things. From the looks of it, if you let it sit warm for very long wheat would probably begin growing.:)
  • People who play up nostalgia and tradition rarely acknowledge how badly many things stunk as little as a hundred years ago, let alone 6,000. Food especially tastewise in America has come a long way. Beer has too.