Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Trump Claims His Arrest Is Imminent and Calls for Protests, Echoing Jan. 6

edited March 2023 in Off-Topic
Maybe looking a little worried and frayed around the edges?  Well, we can hope...

Link to NYT article.

Comments

• Thank you. I need to get subscription to NYT and Washington Post.

Trump lawyer Joe Tacopina Was interviewed by Ari of MSNBC. Tacopina said that Trump will go when he is charged and arrested (implying peacefully). So that he will not be photographed while wearing handcuffs and led away by police officers. The thought of being treated as a criminal and jailed terrified the man. That is only one of two NYC cases. Then there is the Georgia’s case which is far more serious. The fourth case is the secret documents uncovered in Ma-la-Go.

He is priming another round of January 6th violence. Notice how quite the GOP are?
  • @Sven- yes, the cost of on-line subscription to the NYT and Washington Post is very reasonable.
  • @old_Joe, our local library has reduced their on-line subscription list. I now go to the library to read the hard copy.
  • edited March 2023
    Give me a dollar for every time “Trump claims …” something!

Surely he and his supporters realize we have a judicial system in this country. Notwithstanding that he’ll be out on bail right away if indicted, there are juries to weigh evidence and courts of appeal if dissatisfied with any verdict. Ultimately, the SC is likely to be involved in one or more of the litigations being brought against him by different jurisdictions.

Now what I’d like to see is a condition of bail imposed by the judge in this case that he keep his yap closed and make no further comments publicly about the cases being brought against him, nor any comments designed to stir up public demonstrations. Such comments might be viewed as a way of predjucing or intimidating potential jurors in those cases.
  • edited March 2023
    What I would like to see is No Bail - Straight to Jail!
  • Good ONE Ob 1