Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Jeffrey Gundlach says he’s preparing for a recession and it doesn’t matter what you call it— ‘In eit

edited February 2023 in Other Investing
This article is behind a paywall. If you subscribe to Apple News, you can get access to some of them. Note that he has been calling for this for several years and he is finally got it right.
Gundlach’s status on Wall Street these days is undeniable, and he went on to dish out some advice for investors on Wednesday, arguing U.S. Treasuries may be the safe haven of choice amid a “protracted bear market” in stocks. He said that DoubleLine has incrementally increased Treasury exposure, decreased credit exposure, and upgraded the quality of its bond portfolio over the past year.
“I always say, ‘Don’t listen to what I say, look at what I do.’ And we started de-risking, if you will, in the fourth quarter of 2021,” he told Yahoo Finance, adding that he has “been preparing for a hard landing” for some time.
https://fortune.com/2023/02/23/billionaire-bond-king-jeffrey-gundlach-preparing-recession-you-need-an-umbrella/

Comments

• Smart. Sometimes his mouth gets ahead of his brain. I held DLFNX for a few years. It became lackluster, I exited.
  • criminy, he and dimon (and so many others) are flogging the 'expect-inflation expectations' horse bigtime

I wonder why ...
  • This is what I think about the king without clothes, Gundlach (link).