Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Vanguard update

I moved a Vanguard account to Schwab last summer, disgusted by their lousy service.

Since then I have been unable to log into the account getting instead a "reestablish online access" which didnt work.

Messaging Vanguard says it will take 7 to 10 days to respond!

So I held my nose and called. Surprise surprise I got a nice guy in the Philippines in less than 5 minutes who fixed the online access issue ( it took half an hour) . They also transferred me to another guy who told me my tax forms will be available by mid February.

While I am not going to move money to Vanguard, maybe they have heard the furor and are spending some money to improve service

Comments

• Vanguard's new web site STINKS !!!-- I'M THINKING OF TRANSFER TO TRP.!!!
  • I'm pleased with the TRP website, I can tell you. It's not a great bond shop, but there are some good ones. There will be some limitations wherever you go, of course.

Philippines call center for Vanguard? Your experience was fortunate. I can testify from deep personal experience that 99.9% of those who claim to be able to speak English can ALMOST do it: any vowel is good enough, when a vowel is required. And invariably, the wrong preposition is used, if they bother with them at all.
  • Vanguard and service has long been an oxymoron in my book.