Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Market on the move up as of 11 CDT

Is this a selling or buying day for you ? I'll be watching as for myself.

Comments

• edited October 2022
    The only thing I track that’s down right now is Cathy Wood’s new fund XARKX - off slightly. Her ARKK, however has been running about +7% today. Go figure.

“Is this a selling or buying day for you ? I'll be watching as for myself.”

It’s a “nothing day” for me. But tempting to take profits on a recent spec position in a gold miner. Just watching the fireworks in what had become an oversold p/m mining sector. The energy & diversified mining sectors I follow are also hot today. And nice to see banks have a couple strong days after getting hammered most of the year.

Some may attribute the move in precious metals to the Ukraine situation. I’m more inclined to think it’s a reaction to BOE’s actions last week and (the perceived) likelihood other CBs may follow suit. One hint - silver has been strongly outdistancing gold for the past few days.

What makes absolutely no sense to me is the strong uptick in equities at the same time the Ukraine situation has (supposedly) become increasingly dangerous. Makes no sense unless something “behind the scenes” (ie settlement talks) is taking place. To be clear, I’ve seen no evidence to that effect. And - I do not base investment decisions on macro-outlooks / predictions.
  • I have some transactions planned for October. The sell legs will be done today, the buy legs by Oct end.
  • edited October 2022
    Still waiting
    Not much Buys except PLTR and little dips vpccx