Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

How do you spell “Mellow”? A song for rainy days

edited July 2022 in Off-Topic
Recorded LIVE

(You’ll need to click on the imbedded link to UTube)

Comments

• Ah, PP&M. When I was a wee lad, the first songs I ever learned to sing were theirs and the Kingston Trio's, from my older sister's albums. I doubt I'm alone there ...
  • edited July 2022
    +1

“Old Stuball” wasn’t as well known as “Puff” and some of their other songs. But I was wowed the first time I heard it several years ago. Of course, sounds best on a good audio speaker.

This concert was held in London. You can hear the audience singing along.:)
  • Lovely!
  • edited July 2022
    Crash said:

Lovely!

Re “Old Stewball“ - When I listen to the woeful fella who “bet on the grey mare,” I can’t help reflecting on some of my past investment decisions. :)

• edited July 2022
    Here’s pure gold. Incredible live performance! (In the Early Morning Rain)

O’course, I love airplanes.:)
  • Beautiful. Written by another music legend, Gordon Lightfoot, and recorded by several besides ol' Gord, but it's like he wrote it for PP&M. Gord was still musically active as of a couple of years ago.
  • I love this shit! And with reference to "some of your investment decisions?" I can sympathize. I've been there, too.