Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Wall Street Week

I watch Wall Street Week online.
When I go to the official WSW website, full episodes from 07/01 and 07/08 are missing.
The full episode from 07/01 (but not 07/08) is available on YouTube.
Have there been any recent changes which would affect WSW access?

Comments

• I just posted a link for this week's episode in the Bloomberg Wall Street Week thread.
  • edited July 2022
    Thanks BaluBalu.
    You posted the same URL that I use for the WSW site.
    It appears that the current full episode is still not available.
    Four segments from 07/08 were posted on the WSW site when I previously checked.
    I didn't confirm if these four segments collectively comprise the entire episode.
  • edited July 2022
    I can watch the full show as part of my Comcast service. The show airs for my service a few times over the weekend, the last time being 1-2PM PST Sunday. I went to the WSW site last night (by googling) for the first time in response to your post - I did not notice (tired eyes!) the hyperlink (blue font) in your original post.
  • Embedded links can sometimes be missed.
    I should have probably used a stand-alone link instead.
  • It turns out those four segments do not make up the entire episode.
  • edited July 2022
    The show (7/8) was mostly about private equity investing (first one-third of show). Just one gal being interviewed by moderator. That was followed by 5-10 minutes of Larry Summers, who I don’t think said anything new. The remainder of show was devoted to last week’s market summary plus a look at key upcoming events*. A little disappointed in this one to tell the truth.

*Upcoming events this week include release of some earnings numbers - including some big tech names. There’s been some rumbling in the press that they may disappoint and rattle the markets. Stay tuned.
  • edited July 2022
    @hank,

Thanks for the summary!
    Several sources stated that overall earnings estimates are too high and need to be adjusted downward.
    It will be interesting to see what actually transpires after 2022 quarterly earnings reports are released.
  • Glad I caught this thread. I 'll just skip watching, this week. But please: keep 'em comin'.
  • The 07/01 and 07/08 episodes were posted to the Bloomberg WSW website on 07/12 and 07/11 respectively.
  • .....And I DID end up watching, after all.
  • I haven't watched it yet, but probably will.