Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

JULY commentary. Hats off to all for your presentations; of particular note for me.....Lynn's writes

I enjoyed all of the presentations in the July commentary. Lynn's commentaries regarding retirement planning will allow me to have more "ammunition" to "prod" a few folks who still don't realize how fast the years move along; and suddenly find themselves a lot closer to retirement than they had remembered. The psychological aspect being as important as the investment aspect.
Remain curious,
Catch

Comments

• edited July 2022
    Agree with Catch. Lots of good reading there.

In his preface David briefly referenced Devesh Shah’s article on “the importance of faith in investing.” So I was braced for something along the lines of Cathie Wood’s forays into things spiritual.:)

But Devesh’s piece on the topic deals with the importance of having a plan in place and faith in what has worked before along with your own “encyclopedia” of past experiences. When the going gets tough those should lend direction and help pull you through. I’ve oversimplified greatly. The article is much more comprehensive, offering specific steps that can be taken to ride out the storm.

Whether one’s plan is written down and concrete (like mine) or simpler, I do believe it’s important to have faith in what has worked before, along with an understanding of why it worked. A “road map’ - if you will.

Thanks @Devesh for the thoughtful article.
  • Surely. +1. Indeed. Surely. Yes. PERSPECTIVE is essential.
  • Indeed thanks you to all the contributors for the most thoughtful commentaries. I look forward reading them every month.