Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Pimco Inflation Hedges

Trying to get better info than what the Pimco page provides...Real Return (PRRIX), Commodities Real Return (PCRIX) and Commodities Plus Strategy Fund (PCLIX). Pimco makes you register to receive info..I just want to view Fact Sheets and Holdings (grrrr). M* Analysis discusses it's holdings but seems to focus on TIPS. Juat looking for the main differences ...I'm going to call Pimco tomorrow and I know a few of thrit Salespeople....believe it or not, they sometimes seem to know as much as we do!

Comments

• This M* article explains more on commodity strategy funds. TIPS are often used as collateral for investing in future contracts (derivatives).
    Strategy design heavily influences performance, too. Most commodity strategies aim to closely track a specific index--usually the Bloomberg Commodity Index--and add value by making small tactical tilts or actively managing the collateral that backs the futures contracts.
    https://morningstar.com/articles/1083759/why-are-so-many-commodity-funds-underperforming

Beware that commodity funds are volatile and they can swing both directions quickly, particularly in today's market condition.
  • You may also be interested in PIMCO Inflation Response Multi-Asset Fund.
    This is not a recommendation...
  • KHaw24 said:

Trying to get better info than what the Pimco page provides...Real Return (PRRIX), Commodities Real Return (PCRIX) and Commodities Plus Strategy Fund (PCLIX). Pimco makes you register to receive info..I just want to view Fact Sheets and Holdings (grrrr). M* Analysis discusses it's holdings but seems to focus on TIPS. Juat looking for the main differences ...I'm going to call Pimco tomorrow and I know a few of thrit Salespeople....believe it or not, they sometimes seem to know as much as we do!

I'm able to view the Fact Sheet, Prospectus, and Monthly Commentaries for PRRIX without registering.
    I didn't attempt to view any other PRRIX documents.

Pimco site > Institutional Investor > Strategies > Mutual Funds > Real Return Fund
  • edited June 2022
    When you're on a Pimco fund page, scroll down a few clicks until you come to a prominent blue bar. Click "Documents" at the far right of that bar, or just scroll away to near the bottom of the page, and there's what you're looking for (fact sheet, holdings report, portfolio stats, prospectus, reports, and more), no registration required.