Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Derf February 2022
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Fired NFL coach says he was offered bonuses to throw games

edited February 2022 in Off-Topic
I realize this issue is secondary to the larger issue of hiring discrimination. Feel welcome to address that … But the question of players throwing games (under obligation to gambling syndicates) has long crossed my mind. Difficult to prove. But coaches and management? Who woulda thunk?

“Brian Flores, the former coach for the Miami Dolphins who was fired last month by the team, said in a lawsuit that he was offered $100,000 by owner Stephen Ross in 2019 for each loss he was able to complete, Reuters reported. Flores claimed in the recent filing that the offer was meant to help the Dolphins get a better draft pick in 2020.”

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/national/lawsuit-highlights-allegations-nfl-owners-paid-coaches-bonuses-to-lose-games

Comments

• I guess they won't be inducted into the Hall of Fame anytime soon !