Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

After Pittsburgh Bridge Collapses, Biden Stresses Need to Invest in Infrastructure - Duh?

edited January 2022 in Off-Topic
“PITTSBURGH—President Biden stressed the need to invest in the nation’s infrastructure Friday after a planned visit to Pittsburgh coincided with the collapse of a 50-year-old bridge in the city, injuring 10 people and disrupting a major roadway.”

Story in the WSJ

Comments

• Howdy folks,

Am I the only peep that immediately thought 'wag the dog'.

sheeeesh,

rono
  • edited January 2022
    rono said:

Howdy folks,

Am I the only peep that immediately thought 'wag the dog'.

sheeeesh,

rono

Certainly bizarre timing …
  • We've been neglecting infrastructure in the U.S. for decades.
    I hope the money currently allocated for infrastructure spending will be used wisely.
  • I wonder how Pennsylvania senators and congressmen voted on the BBB bill. It seems that there's a vast majority of support for it amongst the voters across America, just not with republican legislators. But yes, use the money wisely and track how it's spent.
  • Not to steal the thread, but is there any mention to finishing the wall in BBB ?
    Waiting for kickoff, Derf