Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

• Sven December 2021
Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

ARKK on the rocks …

edited December 2021 in Other Investing
Bloomberg reports Wood’s flagship fund is off over 1% today after falling 1% yesterday. It’s been a nasty year for her and her investors. I quickly looked at DFKG - a stock I’ve messed around with and it’s under $27.50 late today. That’s one she’s been buying in gobs - but at much higher prices. I’ve been in and out a couple times. The stock topped out around $75 early in the year. I owned and sold it in the mid $40s. Bought again around $28. Sold near $30. But if I’d been more patient, it topped out around $32-33 a few days later - before falling off the wagon again. Mutual funds / ETFs are so much less risky and easier on the nerves!

Worth considering … Is the action in Wood’s funds an omen of some sort? The high flyers are getting their wings clipped. What’s next?

ARKK -23.17% YTD. down 1.8% late today. / “There but for the grace of God … ”

Comments

• Just watching on the sideline . Creating new funds while the flagship fund is falling.