Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

T. Rowe Price to Buy Oak Hill for Up to $4.2 Billion

“We have a vision to be the premier active investment manager in the world,” T. Rowe President Rob Sharps said in an interview. “Alternatives is an asset class that is growing rapidly” and there’s increasing interest in it from an array of investors, he said. Sharps will become chief executive officer on Jan. 1.
T. Rowe Price to Buy Oak Hill

Comments

• edited October 2021
    “We have a vision to be the premier active investment manager in the world”

I figured that once I moved all my money out of there they’d get serious about the operation.
  • ork. giggle. From where I sit, they've got stuff cooking, already using all the burners on the stovetop. I'd like to see some better-performing bond funds. They got a handful of munis for specific States, and a L/T muni national fund. Tax-free status doesn't worry me, though.
  • TRP must be expanding into new offering, alternatives.

@crash, TRP bond funds are all long positions. PImco employs many tactics including derivatives and futures. This year is particularly challenging for most bonds since the yield moving upward.