Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Robert T. Gardiner announced future plans to change his role at Grandeur Peak Global Advisors, LLC

edited October 2021 in Fund Discussions
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/915802/000139834421020090/fp0069682_497.htm

497 1 fp0069682_497.htm
FINANCIAL INVESTORS TRUST: GRANDEUR PEAK FUNDS

Grandeur Peak Global Contrarian Fund
Grandeur Peak Global Micro Cap Fund
Grandeur Peak Global Opportunities Fund
Grandeur Peak Global Stalwarts Fund
(the “Funds”)

SUPPLEMENT DATED OCTOBER 19, 2021 TO THE SUMMARY PROSPECTUS AND
PROSPECTUS DATED AUGUST 31, 2021, AS SUBSEQUENTLY AMENDED

On October 19, 2021, Robert T. Gardiner announced future plans to change his role at Grandeur Peak Global Advisors, LLC (the “Adviser”) in connection with an extended sabbatical commencing on approximately July 1, 2022 (the “Effective Date”).

During the sabbatical, Mr. Gardiner intends to continue to serve as Chairman and member of the Board of Managers of the Adviser but, for a period of approximately three years following the Effective Date, he will no longer serve in a guardian portfolio management role for these Funds. Therefore, all references to Mr. Gardiner in the Summary Prospectuses and Prospectus will be deleted as of that date.

INVESTORS SHOULD RETAIN THIS SUPPLEMENT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

Comments

• edited October 2021
  • i am writing today to let you know that beginning next July (July 1, 2022) I will be taking a three-year sabbatical from Grandeur Peak to serve as a mission president with my wife, Susie, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
    The letter is really engaging. I enjoyed reading it. An unusual amount of space is devoted to questions of ... I don't know, our place in the world? What really matters? Who's really touched us? In that way, it serves an essential function of letting us understand something of the character of the mind behind the money.

There's also a good discussion of the macro environment, most of which he dismisses. Two interesting not-quite-red flags: (1) "we wonder if growth stocks are due for a greater correction than the mini corrections we’ve seen on and off for a year now" and (2) "We’re sticking with our investments in China for the time being" and "Our view for now is that China is still a place we want to be." They're "less overweight" China than ever, and allow that "some of the move against capitalism may be healthy. China has had a tremendous amount of fraud ... and many companies in China are overly aggressive." Still, if GP is not edging toward the exits, they're clearly aware of where the exits are.

David
  • Three-year sabbatical... Wow! If only all of us had the ability to do that.