Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Anyone have experience with Overstock.com?

edited May 2021 in Off-Topic
Looking at a piece of art for home. Also available online from Walmart and Home Depot. Last two are 30% higher. Item is quite heavy & breakable. Hate to pay more than necessary. But the last two have local B&M outlets that would accept & refund should there be a problem. Never used OS. The online reviews look dismal.

Comments

• It's been a few years but I had no problems with them.
  • Never. (Resigned in Aug, 2019, however.)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_M._Byrne
  • I've purchased items via Overstock.com several years ago without issue.
    I haven't used them recently so I'm not familiar with their current operations.
  • edited May 2021
    Thanks for the insights …

Located the same item on Wayfair for a few dollars over Overstock’s asking price and just placed the order. Not familiar with Wayfair, but the reviews sound a lot better.

For comparison:

Walmart $137
    Home Depot $131
    Wayfair $108
    Overstock $99

(Not available at Amazon)
  • edited May 2021
    Crash said:

+1.

@Crash - That was an enlightening article on OS you linked. Thanks. That former CEO reminds me of the TV "pillow guy." Some of these big corporate guys are real low life.