Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Hearing Aids

Seeking comments/advice/recommendations on hearing aids.
Wife, age >75, is going in for a hearing test, at her request.
I suspect they will find her hearing slightly impaired and could use sound augmentation.
We are covered by United Healthcare.
Livingston and Worth Hearing are 2 most advertised locally (NM).

Comments

• edited May 2021
    I don't have any personal experience with hearing aids or know anyone who uses them.
    The Consumer Reports Hearing Aid Buying Guide (recently updated) may contain useful information.
    Link
  • If you have not read prior, this United Healthcare Guide for hearing aid coverage should be reviewed regarding the contract coverage.
    I don't require hearing aids, but know several folks who do; and I remain amazed with the high pricing in this age of advanced technology. I've seen Walmart ads for inexpensive hearing aids, but I don't have any knowledge of the quality.
  • I use Oticon as provided by the VA. No complaints. One nice feature is their app which I can operate from my smartphone.