Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Liz

edited May 2021 in Off-Topic
The gal has some principle and backbone, even if is a Republican. Receiving loads of “incoming” from the remnants of a once grand party.

(The) conservative legislator faces increasingly hostile sentiments from many in her party for slamming Trump's debunked election claims and refusing to question the legitimacy of President Joe Biden's 2020 election win. After being one of only 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump for his role in the January 6 Capitol riot, Cheney retained her position in a 145-61 caucus vote in February. Since then, Cheney's standing within the caucus has severely deteriorated, as House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California recently refused to say if she should stay in leadership.

On Tuesday, McCarthy said that Cheney has "got real problems" within the caucus, according to an audio recording reviewed by Axios. "I've had it with her ... I've lost confidence," the GOP leader told "Fox and Friends" host Steve Doocy in a spate of hot mic comments. "Well, someone just has to bring a motion, but I assume that will probably take place."

Story

I’d be delighted to contribute to her next primary election campaign.

Comments

• Kudos to Liz for doing the right thing. I believe that it is the GOP that "has real problems" and I wonder how long it will be before they break up into two factions.
  • edited May 2021
    No sympathy. Let them all rot in hell. She's been part of the Obstructionist Machine for too long.
  • From Politico: "Every person of conscience draws a line beyond which they will not go: Liz Cheney refuses to lie," tweeted Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah), who has voted twice to remove Trump from office. "As one of my Republican Senate colleagues said to me following my impeachment vote: 'I wouldn’t want to be a member of a group that punished someone for following their conscience.'"