Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Delete.

edited May 2021 in Off-Topic
Never mind …

Comments

• No, really... did you ever find a way to actually communicate with Amazon? That situation is very frustrating, not even being able to ask someone a question and get an intelligent answer in non pre-formatted Indian English.
  • edited May 2021
    Dam’t! You’re fast OJ.

Yep- Somehow after a long hunt I came across an obscure link in close proximity to Amazon’s “robotic chat line” called “communicate with a live representative”. Clicked it and got into a good chat with a human at the other end. All I really wanted to do was “vent” about a less than honest seller. I’d paid an extra $5-$7 above the going price for a product that was promised to arrive 2-3 days faster than the other sellers. Hell, they hadn’t even shipped it the day it was supposed to arrive.

Somehow, “venting” to a robot about something like that just doesn’t cut it. Clearly - Amazon does not want you to be able to talk to or in any other way communicate with their overworked, impoverished, underpaid and unhappy employees! They make it very difficult to do so.
  • Never, ever have used Amazon. Is it all just a juncture-point for 3rd-party buyers and sellers?
  • No, not really- it sells most of the stuff directly, but also is a good platform for third-party sellers of varying degrees of honesty and competence.