Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Here's a statement of the obvious: The opinions expressed here are those of the participants, not those of the Mutual Fund Observer. We cannot vouch for the accuracy or appropriateness of any of it, though we do encourage civility and good humor.

Support MFO

• Donate through PayPal

Q&A With John Calamos, Manager, Calamos Market Neutral Income Fund: Video Presentation

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Have owned this fund (CVSIX) for several years. It's done well, but my feeling is it's misrepresented by its name. Behaves more like a diversified income fund than a true market neutral. I'd compare it to RPSIX - against which it lags. By calling it "market neutral" they're able to get great M* ratings because most traditional market neutral funds don't perform that well. They're competing against a bunch of rotten apples in that category. But am happy to own a bit in the name of diversification. Own the A shares for which I paid a load during a moment of weakness. Someday, after the markets have tanked badly, I'll exchange these into one of their equity funds.

PS - Ted's article indicates they're now adding a LS component to the fund. Hmm ... Stay tuned. .... Its complexion may change.